Deadline for Applications: JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Product Development Manager is responsible for overseeing the market research and product development functions of the institution. This includes but is not limited to providing leadership in the development of SFF’s product strategy, product delivery, customer service strategy, and efforts to build a strong brand and reputation in the local marketplace and beyond. The Product Development Manager is also responsible for leading and coordinating the Company’s Social Performance Management activities in close collaboration with the COO/CEO. As market research, product development and social performance management impacts every aspect of the business, the incumbent is tasked to build strong internal relationships and work collaboratively with others.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and Organizing
- Establish and implement short-term and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Develop and manage marketing budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
- Develop the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve system and goals.
- Identify, develop, evaluate, and regularly update marketing strategy/plan (products, pricing, promotion, place, positioning, etc.), based on knowledge of SFF’s objectives, market characteristics and market opportunities.
- Oversee development and review of product development manuals, policies and procedures, and other product documentation on an annual basis and update as appropriate.
- Issue all circulars related to amendments of product manuals, policies and procedures, and the issuance of instructions to branches and senior management.
- Provide leadership in the planning, staffing and coordinating the work of the Product Development department.
- Develop an annual Individual Operating Plan (IOP) with SMART objectives, indicators, activities and deliverables.
- Oversee regular market intelligence information gathering in the areas of competition, target client behavior, market and environment (political, economic, social, technological, etc.), among others.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of product and services, delivery strategies, costs, and performance results.
- Create an institutional and system-wide product reporting function that can track, measure and analyze performance.
- Measure and monitor customer satisfaction and attitude towards products and weaknesses, and recommend remedies to improve performance.
- Product Development
- Initiate and oversee market research studies for new product development (or modifications to existing products) and analyze their findings.
- Assess risks (reputational, operational, financial, etc.) and rewards (balancing SFF’s social and financial objectives and clients’ needs and preferences) of introducing of new products or modifications to existing products, and identify resource requirements with support from and in communication with other departments.
- Oversee design and development and/or update of communication and delivery strategies, and product manuals including policies and procedures to govern the introduction of new products.
- Work with the Training Manager, IT department, and other departments to develop and adapt the MIS; policies and procedures; and training materials for product communication and delivery, and internally test all modifications.
- Oversee design and implementation of pilot tests, product roll-outs, and monitoring and evaluation of existing products and new products.
- Social Performance Management
- Collaborate with the CEO/COO in the design of the Company’s social performance management framework in line with the Universal Standards for Social Performance Management.
- Champion the implementation of the Company’s social performance management framework in coordination with other members of staff.
- Liaise with the Fonkoze Foundation in the collection of social performance data as appropriate.
- Lead preparation of quarterly social performance dashboards and other social performance reports for the Board and management.
- Support development of internal and external communications relating to the Company’s social performance management.
- B.SC. Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in same area
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and innovative
- Ability to learn, implement change, lead and motivate team members
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate and work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in planning marketing strategies, research, product development, advertising campaigns, and successful public relations efforts
- Appreciation of and commitment to the mission, vision, values and goals of SFF
- Ability to travel
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified and interested parties are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and diploma by email with “Application for Research & Product Development Manager” as the subject. Please no phone calls – only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.